Thursday, September 04, 2014

BNTC 2014

I'M OFF TO MANCHESTER FOR THE BRITISH NEW TESTAMENT CONFERENCE, where I will be chairing the New Testament and Second Temple Judaism Seminar and presenting a paper in the seminar as well: "Roles of Angels and Demons in 1 Enoch and the Synoptic Gospels." The latter is a last-minute substitution for a paper that had to be withdrawn when the presenter had an emergency that prevented him from attending. I have also presented this paper at the 7th Enoch Seminar and you can read something about it at the link.

For many years Dr. Darrell Hannah and I co-chaired the NT&STJ Seminar. Darrell stepped down last year and this is my final year as chair. I am very happy to be passing the Seminar on to Dr. Matthew Novenson of Edinburgh University, who is also presenting a paper this year. I still plan to attend in future years, but it's good to have some fresh leadership for the Seminar.

Meanwhile, it's nice this year just to be an attender and participant rather than running the whole show.

Other posts relevant to BNTC 2014 are here and here. I have a ticket to the joint session at the Rylands Library and I am looking forward to it. I'm told that this year's Twitter hashtag is #bntc14. I will be very busy for the next few days, but I'll try to fit in some blogging, and I have also pre-posted some things, so keep coming back as usual.

UPDATE (8 September): I have posted a couple of notes relating to BNTC 2014 here and here.

UPDATE (20 October): More here.